Monday, November 17, 2008

Dying

What a great weekend! I spent most of the day Saturday with the oh so talented lady of Red Rocks Fiber Works fame dying up some yarns. Check it out.

For my birthday some of the grrls got together a little gift card for me to cover fiber and dying time so I took full advantage. What a hoot. Can I just say again I want to be Mary Kay when I grow up?

I picked out yarn with a specific project in mind for those curious about that particular color combination and allocation. It's a Norah Gaughn pattern (huge surprise there) from the Knitting Nature book (another shocker) called the Serpentine Coat. Here's one that someone else has made that is just stunning. See the draw here people?

I think if I'm ever going to knit everything I want to from dear designer Norah I'm going to have to have one of her knits on the needles at all times. Hmmm. That's not a bad idea anyway...

6 comments:

Chris said...

Dyeing yarn is so much fun, isn't it?

GreenPhoenix said...

Dying yarn sounds a ton of fun! And the serpentine coat looks great. Jenny wants to borrow it when you finish :-D.

Katherine said...

That sounds like so much fun! The sweater is gorgeous - how have I not seen that one before? To the queue!

jw_S_M_I_L_E said...

I really do want to borrow that one when you get it done. ;) And the yarn looks great! It's funny though, the pictures of it hanging there remind me of a doll's hair. (except the blue, of course)

Sam said...

love love love that project.
And sounds like a great time with Mary Kay :)

WandaWoman said...

Having a NG design on the needles shouldn't be too difficult for you. You already keep a large number of projects on the needles, what's one more? :-) The coat is stunning. I can see why you might like to do that one.