Monday, October 06, 2008

Botanic Gardens

I mentioned last week that I managed one more trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens this year. I love that place. It seems like a new place every time I get over there with all the different flowers in bloom and niches that I seem to have missed on the last trip. I love having something like that so close by. They have good classes there too and isn't something I always think of them for.

My only complaint is that the signs for the flowers aren't always the ones I want to know what they are. Like this one. Anyone know what kind of flower this is?


img hosted at flikr


I love how many colors they came in. And the rich shades.


img hosted at flikr

These were another of my favorites. They were over 6 feet tall and just beautiful.


img hosted at flikr

4 comments:

WandaWoman said...

I love that last picture of the flowers. So pretty. I haven't been to the Botanic Gardens in awhile. Sounds like I should try to get back out there.

Luni said...

That first flower is a zinnia, I think.

Aimee said...

I think the first one(s) are dahlias, aren't they? The third...I should know that...it may come to me...

Cathy R said...

The first one is definately a zinnia. They come in a multitude of sizes, shapes and colors and are particularly great for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds in Colorado.

The one in the third picture is a Clematis, which I only wish that my yard had enough sun to grow. *sigh*