Friday, September 12, 2008

Where should we start?

How about, since this is a knitting blog, we start with knitting? Very good. I actually didn't get much knitting done at all during vacation. I mostly knit during my 7 hour layover in Indianapolis - not my favorite part of the trip, but the knitting helped.

I started the swingy skirt by Norah Gaughen and from the Knit.1 Spring 2008 magazine. I'm using Rowan Cotton Glace in this luscious plum color. I didn't like this pattern at all until MintyFresh made hers and posted about it. It's so darn cute. Since I want to make it a titch longer I decided to knit from the top down. It's such a simple pattern it hasn't been hard at all to reverse the order of making it.


img hosted at flikr

Like my improvised stitch markers? Necessity really is the mother of invention. Those are all cough drop wrappers. Darn cold had to be good for something...

3 comments:

CynCyn said...

very nice stitch markers!! you gotta do what you gotta do, and when you're stuck on a 7 hr layover in BFE... cough drop wrappers is what it is. I like the color!

StarSpry said...

Love the stitch markers :) That layover sucks, but your skirt looks really nice!

Sam said...

ha ha I love that you used cough drop wrappers as markers!