Monday, September 29, 2008

Signs of Fall

There are signs of fall popping up all over the place around here. Trees are starting to change, and are stunning in the early morning light. It's a pity the prettiest ones are in my parking lot at work and there isn't a good way (that I've found) to capture how they glow in the mornings without also capturing all the cars parked beneath them. I'm sure all the trees around here will get more photo ops as the month progresses.

My garden is stubbornly hanging on. I love fall blooming plants. They offer one last stunning display before the dreary winter months descend.


img hosted at flikr



img hosted at flikr


img hosted at flikr


I love that I haven't killed any of these yet. Maybe this gardening thing is finally starting to sink in.

2 comments:

jw_S_M_I_L_E said...

To capture the trees, you could get to work at 5:00 am. Then there wouldn't be any cars parked underneath them. Hahaha, just kidding DS! By the way, your flowers look lovely.

GreenPhoenix said...

To capture the trees, use a very big butterfly net. They usually don't put up much of a struggle, but good luck getting them to move--they can be very stubborn.