Thursday, September 18, 2008

Elephants on Parade

And the final (and most clever, in my opinion) that we spent time on was decorating the walls. I read on one of the many DIY blogs that contact paper will stick to walls and peel off very nicely making it an easy and fun way to decorate a rented house. Whoo hoo!

My sister adores elephants, and I really don't think the nephew is that particular, so we opted to make cute little elephants and stick them up in his room. I browsed around the web for some ideas and came across a nice elephant silhouette, we went to the grocery store and picked up some contact paper, and then went to town.


img hosted at flikr

We decided we needed a large one too so I used the grid on the back of the paper to sketch out a larger version, and viola!


img hosted at flikr



img hosted at flikr

It didn't look quite finished and we wanted his name up there. I had brought some solid blue contact paper with me so we used that for some clouds to spell out his name. Perfect.


img hosted at flikr

5 comments:

GreenPhoenix said...

Yep, Michelle you are one awesome aunt. I don't think William has quite realized that yet, but he will, he will. We'll make sure of it :-D.

CynCyn said...

i love it! Whitney will be jealous of the awesome elephants.

Sam said...

That's a fantastic idea! And I love the outcome.

StarSpry said...

What a great idea! The elephants and clouds look adorable :D

WandaWoman said...

Love those elephants, too cute! That's a great idea for cutting shapes out of Contact paper.