Monday, August 11, 2008

Limp-ics


So I also signed up for the Ravelympics (I'm starting to wonder if anyone didn't). I'm feeling a lot more like it should be limp-ics or something. I am a bit worried that I was a bit overambitious with my project selection. Oh, didn't I tell you what I selected? Doh. Here's the list of events I picked...

Team Colorado

WIP Wrestling
Sideways cardigan - Had the back finished already but have both fronts and sleeves to go
Glint - Back and part of one front was already done. Need to finish fronts, sleeves, and collar
Blithe - Needs to be seamed and collar knit
Roundabout Leaf Tank - Had about 30" done (measured around - needs to get to 90" and straps knit)

See why I got freaked? Yowza. I started with the tank - both because it was a pretty simple pattern and because it felt like it had the furthest to go. Between lunch with friends and a birthday party Friday night instead of training like I should have been I got no knitting done at all on Friday. I managed to keep focused on it pretty well over Saturday and Sunday. By Sunday afternoon I was convinced that I should have only picked this dumb tank for my event though. I started feeling much better by Sunday evening when I finished up the body of the tank. I need to get those straps done and block the bugger.

Today I'm focusing on the Sideways Cardigan. It's got a good long way to go too. The back was a really fun knit until I started the large holey section the covers the shoulders. I'm so not looking forward to that part on the fronts. But I'll enjoy the body while it lasts. Hopefully I'll find more knitting time this week than I found last. I'll keep limping along at the very least.

Slow and steady wins the race right?

9 comments:

StarSpry said...

You can do it!!! I'm sure you'll find more knitting time this week to get some things finished :)

CynCyn said...

Guess who DID NOT sign up? Yours truly. Even though the 'lympics are during my 'vacation' I'm still thinking it's not possible for me to get anything substantial done. GOOD LUCK!

Chris said...

I didn't sign up, either! But I'll cheer you on. :)

Luni said...

It's really a good bit of knitting time. Right now, only 4 days have passed; there's another 13 days to go. Even if you don't finish them all, you'll get a lot done that you wouldn't have if you hadn't signed up.

WandaWoman said...

I'm not officially signed up, but I cast on a new project that I've been working on. So are you feeling like you're limping along? Hence the title? if you got that far on the roundabout tank, you've already done a great job! Hang in there.

jw_S_M_I_L_E said...

Keep going Sis!

Sam said...

Limp-ics? Love it! (That's what I'm doing too :)

Good luck with all of these.

Susan said...

I didn't sign up either. I am going with "I wasn't in town." So, far I like it. I am trying clean a couple of items off of my list.

Joanne said...

I didn't sign up officially (I was too late), but unofficially I'm working on a project.

Good luck with yours. You can do it!