Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hooker

So I told you that I picked up some fabric backing for my own design of a rug right? Well, then I went to Colorful Yarns and noticed they had a killer sale on Cascade 220. What an awesome option for a rug! Tons of colors, variety, I know how to care for it already and the perfect options were right there looking at me. So... here's the plan.


img hosted at flikr

And the colors. I hope I have enough. I plan to start really soon just in case I need more in the same dye lot. After drawing out the whole thing I'm really wondering if I'm going to be short.


img hosted at flikr

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't wait to see how this comes out! Love the flower design...go Michelle!!!

Robin said...

I'm a hooker, too! Run rug camps, teach classes, etc. You might be interested in the Magic Carpet Gallery on my web site www.kerrlake.com/robinest . We do traditional with wool strips of varying widths -- a lot hand-dyed. It's fun to watch the pattern develop. Can't wait to see yours progress. Like the flowers!

Deb said...

And down she goes.....

StarSpry said...

The flower design looks great and I love the colors! I can't wait to see how it turns out :)