Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not a Blanket


100_5781, originally uploaded by michellewayne.

I have been knitting things that aren't blankets too (though, admittedly not very often) and I thought I'd show you a photo of one of them. This is the Sideways Cardigan that was on the cover of the most recent Vogue. I'm using Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton and got all this knit up in a single afternoon so I'd say it's a quick knit. If I actually dedicate a couple more afternoons to this baby I'll have myself a cute little cardi to wear with a dress I never wear because I'm too self conscious to show off that much chest area. A + B = very cute outfit. Man, why do I need to be at work again? I should be at home knitting on this... Gosh.

5 comments:

Deb said...

You work too!! That's a darling knit - I oogled over it for a few minutes...

CynCyn said...

love the color!! (surprise surprise)

Luni said...

I'm impressed with your progress. I like the color, too. That's my next project. I was wondering how the sleeves fit in. Now I see.

Chris said...

Very cute! Which Vogue? How much of that yarn will it take?

Joanne said...

Isn't Friday the 13th supposed to be a holiday? Shouldn't we all be home knitting?

Very cute!