Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Estes, my Estes


100_5784
Originally uploaded by michellewayne
I love the Estes Park Wool Festival. I love that it's on the smaller size for a wool festival (though one of these days I am going to have to make it out for Rhinebeck). I love that they don't rearrange vendors so I know exactly where to go first and what I want before I get there. I love that there are vendors I can't get yarn from any other time of the year.

Like this. Plain & Fancy is one of my favorites at Estes.

We had it all planned out and started there first thing (thanks to Stacey arranging for all of us to stay nearby to knit and hang out and drive only 20 minutes). I already had the pattern I want to make picked out (Seraphim for those curious ones out there) and how much I'd need. The only dilemma was narrowing it down to which colorway. This is called Brown but as you can see it's far from that simple.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, how I wish I could've been there this year!

WandaWoman said...

Seraphim iis perfect with P&F!

Corwink said...

We should have a Seraphim KAL since I think that is the project most of us had in mind when we raced to the Plain & Fancy booth.

StarSpry said...

This is a great color!

I like how Glint & the Sideways Cardigan are turning out :)