Thursday, June 26, 2008

First ever


100_5792
Originally uploaded by michellewayne

And here we have it folks. The first ever finished skein of yarn. My very own. It's very thick and thin. Very wonky looking. Pretty and soft. And I will love it and hug it and call it George.

And I'm hooked apparently. I joined the Tour de Fleece. Admittedly I do feel that I'm a bit of a cop out since you are supposed to pick something challenging and the most challenging thing I can think of is to spin enough that I like it when it's done - which is vague and kinda silly, but my goal none-the-less.

And in VERY exciting news, my DH is expressing interest in learining how to spin. HELLO! That would so rock!! Cross your fingers for me that the interest lasts.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

The family that spins together, shops together, for good roving!

Corwink said...

So let me get this straight: He is CUTE! He brews his own beer! Now he wants to spin? Girl if I didn't already have a cute boy of my own I would so steal yours!!!

StarSpry said...

I think your first skein is so pretty :) That would be awesome if hubby takes an interest in spinning!!