Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bag Lady

I've been working on this one for quite a while. I'm not crazy about sewing but I adore Amy Butlers bag patterns. I picked up her messenger bag pattern and fabric to make it at least a year ago. About a month ago I started working on it. And Viola! I now have a functional messenger bag.


img hosted at flikr

Here's what the lining looks like


img hosted at flikr

And there are loads of pockets and even this great flap on the inside.


img hosted at flikr

I still adore her patterns but they are not for the timid. I have to rip out and restart quite a few pieces because I didn't understand the instructions until step three, or worse. But I'd say it was worth the effort.

I am supposed to do an edge stitch around the top inside to give it a nice finished look, but there are so many layers of fabric I'm not getting a nice finished look, but a really nice and even line on one side, and a wonky terrible look on the other so I may just hand stitch skip it.

7 comments:

Chris said...

It looks great to me!

Deb said...

Skip, skip, skip to my lou!!

StarSpry said...

It looks great! I love the inside fabric!

Corwink said...

You are becoming quite the sewing diva! Love it!

the Bag Lady said...

Just change the tension on your sewing machine - is it the bobbin thread or the top thread that is straight? If it is the bobbin thread, tighten the tension on the top thread; if it is the top thread that is straight, loosen the tension.

Joanne said...

It's beautiful. Great job, Nachaele.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Joanne said...

Oops.... I *meant* Michelle.

I'm brain dead!