Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sparkly

Have you ever noticed how many projects out there have that added sparkle from beads? I've been taken in. I'll admit it. I can't resist lately. And in fact it's all I can do to keep myself from casting on for more. Aside from my annoying nearly finished spider web fichu, I also started this beautiful beaded scarf.


img hosted at flikr

It's a lot like the Beads of the Earth pattern from Scarf Style, but I'm following the instructions from a kit I bought directly from Interlacements a few years back. I've been knitting like mad on it actually and am probably about 70% done with it as of last night.

It's a rather soothing knit since it's garter stitch with beads between every 5 stitches. Mindless but not so boring to put me to sleep. It's heavy and makes a fun schlunky noise from the beads hitting against each other when it moves around.

What other projects was I alluding to in the opening remarks?

I'm feeling quite a draw to the Phoenix Rising pattern I got (from my Year of Lace membership)


img hosted at flikr

It's gor-geous and I can't wait to start it. I'm making myself wait until the fichu is done (yes, that is part of my frustration with that blasted pattern).

And I spent a good part of yesterday obsessing about Mrs. Beatons and wondering what colors I'd like it in best.

And then there's the Mystery Stole I started with the KAL last year that has stalled.

Oh, and the crochet beaded rope kits I bought a while ago too.

And MaryElla. And... And... And...

4 comments:

StarSpry said...

I love the scarf! Can't wait to see it completed :D

CynCyn said...

i'm worried. I love the pattern and even the color of the YOL stuff, but it's SILK. Squeak squeak! Beaded scarf is so purty! who's it for?

Corwink said...

You are just a beading superstar! I love that scarf. That color is going to look gorgeous on you and oh so sparkly.

Sam said...

The pheonix rising is going to be stunning.