Thursday, April 24, 2008

New May's Resolutions

I have this tendency to want to start things from the beginning. A series of books, I have to start with the first one. A TV show, have to start with Season 1 (thank God for Netflix). A podcast, start with the oldest one I can get. And that is what has prompted this post actually. Last night I was listening to Craftypod with Sister Diane. I adore this podcast. If you've never listened I highly recommend checking it out. It was her New Years Resolutions for 2007 episode (I'm still working up to this year) and she was talking about how resolutions should be fun and recommended a few I tend to take care of regardless if I resolve to like enhancing my stash.

Well, thus inspired I decided I shouldn't wait until next January to make mine. I intend to try some new technique, be it a knitting related, painting related, quilting related, sewing related, or whatever peaks my interest over the next year. I'm thinking 26 different things so I should average out to one new thing every two weeks. When I came up with the plan I wanted to try something new once a week but... then came to my senses. And guess what, since you visit me, you'll get to see how it all goes. Good and bad. Hopefully much more good than bad.

And on to knitting news...
Yesterday I showed you what I finished for last Tuesday so what did I pick for this week? Well it's the Dream in Color shrug. I finished the main body already and decided it would be much easier to seam and work the edging if I went ahead and blocked it now so here's a lovely shot of her drying out (is it me or does that make her sound like a drunk??).


img hosted at flikr

6 comments:

Joanne said...

You're right... it does sound drunk! I'm waiting to see you knit up your Habu.

CynCyn said...

Loooove the color!!

Stacey said...

I pulled mine out of the corner that it was in and have started working on it again. I can't wait to finish mine! ;)

WandaWoman said...

Dang, I really like yours. Hmm, I hope you bring it on Friday. I like the look of it.

StarSpry said...

I'm the same way with starting things from the beginning!

Your shrug is looking great :)

Corwink said...

How is it that I started my shrug first and you have now left me in the dirt!? Dang! I am racing to the knitting bag and pulling that one back out to finish. I can say that mine does not have a drinking problem. HAAA!!