Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mmmmmm... paper yarn...

I was so excited to get a phone call from A Knitted Peace the other day. I had ordered some things when they had the Habu Textiles trunk show a couple weeks ago. I know they weren't expecting to get anything for 4 to 6 weeks but apparently some of it came in very quickly. And some of that was mine.

I ordered one of those metal scarf kits with a butter colored Merino and a very light gray steel. I'm really curious to make this one. I've resisted casting on for now but I don't think it will last.


img hosted at flikr

And the other lovelyness that arrived is the Paper Moire yarn. I was lucky enough to get into a Reading Japanese Patterns class at the last second and the pattern we were given during that class would make a really nice jacket out of this so I ordered some to try it out. I love how it feels.


img hosted at flikr

I'm dying to see how it knits up. It's a bit brighter than the red I thought I was going to get but I like it just the same. The sample they had in class was fabulous so I'm really excited about it too.

The last kit, that I'm still waiting on, is made from pineapple. I love how strange their yarns sound. Imagine knitting with steel. Or pineapple for that matter. Bamboo sounded strange until I used it so I'm hoping for a similar experience.

And, one last thing... speaking of Habu, Colorful Yarns has placed an order for one of their cotton yarns so I'm excited to get to see that too. I got this pattern ages ago and I'd love to actually knit it with the Habu yarn it calls for. I hope it gets in soon. This would be a great spring cover up.

Habu a good day.

5 comments:

Luni said...

I'm seeing the Habu yarns frequently on knitting blogs now, and I keep wondering--how do you clean a garment knit with paper yarn?

CynCyn said...

YAY for stash enhancing! at least we can say you're not just buying more of the same old same old!

Deb said...

I love that sweater! Funny, when I worked at the yarn store we could not sell the Habu stuff at all! Maybe because it was all in kits? But I sure love it...

Habu a good day too - Ha!

Sam said...

Oooh that's a lovely cardigan. I feel I'll be splurging at Colorful too.

Joanne said...

That cardigan is going to look great on you.

I seem to be collecting Habu. Time to knit up these fabulous yarns.