Monday, April 07, 2008

Fab Weekend

What an awesome weekend! I can't believe how much fun I managed to cram into one weekend. I guess technically, since I started cramming on Thursday night I didn't get it all into one weekend but we're going to let it pass.

On Thursday, 8 of the grrls went out and watched My Fair Lady at the Denver Center for the Performing arts. That's right, a real, live play. I LOVED it. I really enjoy the theater and almost never go because DH isn't a fan and I'm too lazy to drag my bum downtown. But we made the exception and it was quite worth it. The actors were wonderful; the songs legendary, and loud.
And how do you top an evening on the town like that? You go see the Yarn Harlot the next night, of course! She spoke at the Tattered Cover and I'd like to think Denver gave her a proper turn out.


img hosted at flikr

I've been a harlot fan for years. I've read her blog, bought all her books (including multiple editions of the one she did an audio version for) but this was the first time I've listened to her live. She's one of the funniest speakers I've ever heard. And so very personable during the book signing.


img hosted at flikr

Quite a few of us got to the store really early so we'd have a good seat and managed to sit up on the first 2 rows. It was great!

So like I said, great weekend. And I've only told you about the first half of it, though I'd have to classify that as the highlight of it.

7 comments:

Sonya said...

All that fun in one weekend? I'd have passed out. I went to see the Harlot during her first tour and we took my parents along so we could take them to a favorite restaurant before the Harlot. They absolutely could not understand my rush to get to the bookstore early. Until we got there. Now they understand.

Allegra said...

glad you liked my fair lady. my DH played french horn in it. wish i could've seen the harlot, but the reading cut right into my baby's nighttime routine, and if i stray from it right now, i'm the one who's punished. i saw the harlot on her first tour and she was great!!

Joanne said...

I know... I'm at work now resting up after a fun weekend. Saturday at the store was busy, busy, busy and I loved every minute of it.

It was good to see you. It's been too long.

Chris said...

It sounds like a blast!!

CynCyn said...

That was only half of it? What did you do for the encore? Go to Hawaii? :)

Sam said...

It was good to see you at the Yarn Harlot book signing. She is one funny lady!

WandaWoman said...

The Yarn Harlot was so much fun. I had a great time.