Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dropping Stitches

Don't worry. I'm dropping them on purpose. I haven't worked on this a ton but with spring fast approaching I think it'll get picked back up again soon.


img hosted at flikr

It's the drop stitch tank from Fitted Knits. It's a simple knit and I'm having fun with it. I'm using Cascade Pima Tencel, which I've used before and still very much enjoy. It's soft, has a lovely drape, doesn't stretch out like 100% cotton would, and come in some great colors. At at a price that won't put a pocketbook into shock.

Before I sign off for the day, a HUGE thank you to the wonderful lady at knit night that explained how to finish that *&@)$% fichu. I might have gone home with an aura around my head from that legendary lightbulb that kept lighting up as she explained. "Oh, that's what they mean." " Oh, that makes way more sense." "Oh, no wonder this wasn't working." You get the idea...

6 comments:

Corwink said...

Don't you love those lightbulb moments in knitting? When it just clicks and you totally get it. Yeah.....love that!

michaele said...

Yay! So glad you've figured out the pattern. Can't wait to see it all finished.

CynCyn said...

Glad she was helpful and that you are no longer stuck in the land of confusion/frustration. I hate that place, but visits are inevitable when you're a Knitter.

WandaWoman said...

I'm glad you got it all figured out. I've heard there were lots of errors with patterns in VLT.

Sonya said...

What a beautiful project! I love it when something like that clicks and suddenly makes sense.

Sam said...

That's going to be a beauty... love the colour and the stitch pattern.