Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beaded Scarf

I finished up the beaded scarf I was making, and what was lined up to finish last Tuesday, on Friday evening. I really like how it turned out. The beads make it a pretty heavy scarf but the yarn held up great. I would have expected it to pull out of shape with the weight but it really doesn't.


img hosted at flikr



img hosted at flikr

Ahhh. It's Tuesday again so we'll see what gets finished this week. Oh, and while I've been finishing things lately, I've also been casting on like a mad woman. I've started the Phoenix rising shawl (from the Year of Lace 2008), the barn raising quilt I blogged about yesterday, and the Dream in Color Shrug. Wouldn't want to get those WIPs down to a reasonable number too fast. I might end up in shock or something. Ha.

4 comments:

StarSpry said...

I love your beaded scarf! It looks awesome :)

WandaWoman said...

Those colors really look amazing together. Yay for FOs! Yeah, i guess you couldn't just finish something and get those WIPs down. Casting on is always much fun too.

Luni said...

Love that scarf. It's amazing how much weight beads add.
I wouldn't fret about your number of wip's. Everytime I look at the work of any super-talented knitter, usually one that has been knitting for many years, I am astounded by the number of projects she has in progress--dozens!

Corwink said...

Girl, you are totally rockin the beads these days! Love it!