Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Tuesday FO

Another Tuesday come and gone. Last week on Tuesday I decided I'd finish up something that has been marinating for a very long time. It was only in need of seaming and the ends being woven in, poor thing. It must have known I'd get around to it one day though. And it's day finally arrived. May I present a completely finished Lucca bag.


img hosted at flikr

The pattern calls for an edging to be applied around the flap of the bag but after weaving in all the ends from that fair isle work, I find it doesn't roll or curl. And since I rather like it the way it is, I won't be doing that. I suppose if it starts to curl sometime in the distant future I might crochet something on there. Maybe.


img hosted at flikr

I really like how well it holds its' shape even though there doesn't seem to be much structure. The straps are knit with the yarn held double and I suspect that is how they've forced it to have the little structure there is. Now to find the perfect outfit to pair it with!

6 comments:

StarSpry said...

Yay for another FO!! It looks great :)

Cool stuff you got from Habu! Can't wait to see how it knits up.

Stacey said...

Oh man, I do so love that bag. I'm not sure why...because it's not my usual colors, but I love it! Way to go Michelle on finishing stuff!

WandaWoman said...

Cute! Look at you go with your finishing!

Sam said...

This is really pretty. I love the colours and the fairisle pattern.

Luni said...

That is a very cute bag. I like the color combo.

Sonya said...

That is a great bag! I love the flowers and the cables. I love the idea in your other post about learning new techniques on a regular basis.