Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mellow Yellow

I've been unreasonably drawn to the color yellow this season. I know it's one of the "hot" colors in fashion but I don't usually agree with those folks so it's a bit of a new experience for me. Not only have I tried on a million yellow tops when out shopping (it's REALLY hard to find a shade I can wear) but I started the Holly Jacket from the cover of the last Interweave Knits in a lovely yellow. I've dubbed it my Lemonade Jacket because there's nothing hollyish about it. Even with all my distractions I mentioned in the last few days I've managed to finish the back and am nearly halfway through the left front. I CAN'T WAIT to wear this one and keep trying to talk myself out of buying more yellow tops and sweaters since I'll have one shortly.


img hosted at flikr

2 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Wow, you really are crusing through the sweater. Yep, I think you're on to something, finishing what you're working on so you don't have to buy more yarn/garments in the same color.

CynCyn said...

mmm. Lemonade looks great so far! Is there lots of finishing? (can I ask how we're doing on the whole finishing before casting on thing?)