Monday, March 31, 2008

Bit by a Spider

Hey there - I'm still around. It was a crazy week last week and I spent the weekend painting my living room. I didn't make much knitting progress over the week, but luckily I did alright last week so I've got stuff to show you anyway. Ha.
Let's start with the Spider Web fichu. I HATE this pattern. I love the finished project but I really don't like it when I can't seem to make a pattern make sense. No errata that covers the area I'm having trouble with, and the damn pattern makes no sense whatsoever. Apparently I have the pattern version that doesn't include some very important information, like how many to cast on (should have been my first clue that something that important was left out of my pattern - and wasn't included in the errata either).

I sat down Saturday with some scrap yarn to see if I could make the knitted on border chart and instructions make sense and decided it's not worth the time. I'm sure with enough time I could have figured it out, but I know someone that has made 8 of them so I'll just be waiting till Tuesday when I can ask her.


img hosted at flikr

The progress thus far is beautiful. Good thing too or I might have hopped up and down on it. Mulberry silk is luscious and the color is a rich teal. The beads are gold lined teal and quite lovely as well. I'll have to show you how things are progressing when I get something worth showing.

5 comments:

Chris said...

UGH. Hope it gets sorted out soon...

Corwink said...

Hang in there girly! It is going to be gorgeous.

Sam said...

Hmmm... how annoying is that. I bet it's going to well worth the effort though.

CynCyn said...

can't wait to see it finished... luuurrrrvvv the color!

WandaWoman said...

Yeah, I say for all of that frustration, just put it down and hopefully you'll have an answer tomorrow night.