Wednesday, February 27, 2008

That Time of Year

It seems like every year I give sock knitting another try. By the time I finish the pair every year I usually hate making socks and vow never to make more, only to pick up those tiny needles again a year later.

So this year I opted for a very simple pattern. These are plain 'ol toe up socks using a combination of patterns found on the web. I used a turkish cast on (VERY cool by the way) and am just focusing on customizing the sock to fit my oddly shaped little feet. So far I've gotten to the heel - I'm thinking of using the short row heel since I know I like that one. I did add a few stitches on the way up to the toe since that is the part of my foot that makes it such an odd shape. Blasted high arches. Anyway - here ya go.


img hosted at flikr

I'm using Cherry Tree Hill dyed by Louet in a colorway I can't recall the name of. I'm enjoying the yarn though. And most interesting is that I've moved up to apathy for the sock from my previous years standard of hatred. Making progress yet. Hahahaha.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I am a total toe-up, Turkish Cast-On, short row heel girl myself. It's the only way to sock for me! Good luck....

Chris said...

Oh, apathy - much better! ;)

Stacey said...

You may just become a sock knitter yet.

StarSpry said...

Very cool colorway! I'm looking forward to trying socks soon :)

WandaWoman said...

That's funny that you're just at apathy now. I guess that's progress.

Sonya said...

Pretty colorway! I like doing toe-up, plain stockinette socks. Perfect for when you don't feel like concentrating on a pattern.