Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Recent Obsession

I have recently fallen under the spell of Knitting New Scarves. I LOVE this book. I don't love every single pattern like I did with Scarf Style, but it certainly meets my rule of three. I decided last Saturday to start the Aria scarf (very first pattern in the book) and was very very pleased to see I had the perfect yarn in my stash to make it.


img hosted at flikr

I'm using some Textile A Mano Mo'Wool that I picked up at Estes park a few years ago, held together with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I adore how this is knitting up. I plan to just keep knitting until all the Mo'Wool is gone. There is about 500 yards of it so I should end up with a nice long scarf. In the photo above I had just finished the first ball of Baby Cashmerino and I finished the second ball last night. It's a quick, easy knit with just enough going on to keep your attention. I do need to note though that ever since I noticed that the scarf looks like a lasagna noodle I've been craving pasta dishes so be aware if you decide to start one of your own. Mmmmmm... Lasagna.

6 comments:

Chris said...

The color is gorgeous!

Deb said...

very nice - but I'm afraid that now I want lasagna!

CynCyn said...

wow! that's so purty!

WandaWoman said...

Wow, that's some pretty yarn. I like the scarf.

StarSpry said...

Beautiful scarf!

I love how your craft room looks :D

Corwink said...

I love reading your blog and have nominated you for the 'you make my day award'
(details are on my blog)

I LOVE the scarf.....mmmmmmm lasagna.