Monday, January 21, 2008

News from the Loft

I worked on the craft room quite a bit over the weekend. I was inspired after helping Stacey straighten up at Mary Kay's and decided that one of the step required to really finish what I started was to arrange the lovely stash into something lovely to look at.

So... I put all my sock yarn in one place (yes, I have a small sock yarn addiction - odd, since I don't like to make socks...)

img hosted at flikr

Then I took everything (and I mean everything) off the shelves, out of hidey holes, and out of bags and arranged them by color. It was a huge mess and since I have so may pretty pictures to share you'll have to go here to see the messy ones.

Then I put them all away. Into the cubbies I made a while ago...


img hosted at flikr


img hosted at flikr

And into some new cubbies...


img hosted at flikr


img hosted at flikr

And into plastic bags if it was a multicolor project that I didn't want to split up...


img hosted at flikr

And of course some went back into hidey holes...


img hosted at flikr

Ahhh.... so much nicer


img hosted at flikr

12 comments:

Deb said...

It looks great. But now I have to go look at the messy pictures too!

Luni said...

A-maze-ing! It looks like a yarn shop. I love it. I heard in my last knitting class that there are no wool moths in Co. If that's true, it means it is safe to leave all that gorgeous yarn out in plain sight. It seems like such a good idea, I'd like to know about those cubbies--did you make them as boxes, or did you build them into existing bookshelves?

GreenPhoenix said...

Amazing how much happier things seem when organized. I have to do that with my notes from school after every system because by the end of a system my office looks like a bomb fell on a library.
Good job on the organizing; it looks very nice. You sure have a lot of colors. (Pardon the understatement).

knitnzu said...

Wow! Your own yarn shop. Too much dust and etc from the woodstove to leave yarn out here. Oh, and moths are a worry. I've got the yarn in containers with cedar, hoping it'll do the trick.

Missjenimae said...

It looks awesome!!! I can't wait to come over and see it.

And maybe addictive, I think I might be next to re-organize.

CynCyn said...

it looks great!! I bet you sit up there, staring at all your lovely yarn, and want to cast on for new projects. Sigh. Love the new shelves under the window...

Kim said...

I love it--it is your own tiny yarn shop. And you seem to be getting quite a fabric stash as well--darn the multiple hobby thing ;)

Enjoy creating in your new space!

Chris said...

Oh, it's lovely!! Wicked kitties - they would eat and tangle all of that if I did the same here...

WandaWoman said...

I love the cubbies. So cute! Your yarn room looks amazing!

Knit Eat Sleep said...

Ewwwww, your room looks so good arranged by color! :) Such pretty yarn!

Monica said...

That explains all the yarn uploaded on Ravelry! The space is looking great! I still haven't touched mine-oh well.

Samantha said...

Wow! That looks amazing!!