Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Touch of Irony

So I was browsing around on the web this morning and came across these questions and for some reason I really want to answer them. Just like how, about once a year, I really want to make a pair of socks. I know. I'm a bit odd. You should be used to it by now though.

1. What’s your favorite sock yarn? Note that the word ‘yarn’ is singular. Just pick one. So far, I'd have to pick Cherry Tree Hill. I adore their colorways and find I have a real problem just walking by it without walking buy it. Ha.

2. What’s your favorite type and brand of sock needle? I have to second Deb on this answer. I LOVE Addi Turbo circular Lace Needles. I love the sharp tips and the more flexible cord provided on the lace needle. I hate using DPNs for socks so I love how long the cords come in with these too so I can comfortably do the magic loop.

3. Do you knit your socks toe up, cuff down, or sideways? I haven't really experimented too much in this area. So far I've only done a cuff down sock, though I bought one skein of Opal just because there was a neat sideways sock pattern on the wrap.

4. Do you knit both socks at once or just one at a time? Haven't tried both socks at once. Yet.

5. What’s your favorite toe and why? Um... there are different kinds? I think I've done the short row one only.

6. Favorite heel? Short row. I like how they fit the best.

7. Do you prefer plain or patterned socks? Patterned for certain. In fact, those are the only kind I manage to knit. They capture the imagination and aren't boring. Even if I do have to make two of them.

8. Who do you knit the most socks for? Myself, though I don't tend to keep them. Seems like I always give them away.

9. Do you darn your socks? If not, what do you do with them? Wear them out or give them away before they need darning

10. Do you only wear hand-knit socks? I'd have very cold feet if I ever did.

Bonus question: What pattern, if any, is your basic “I-just-need-a-pair-of-socks” sock pattern based on? Run to Target, find some cute socks, buy them.

Well, that was fun. You still there? Ha.

Brenda asked me yesterday where I picked up my Amy Butler bag I posted about a few days ago. I got it at Colorful Yarns and she's got more. Mwahahaha.



HomeOlder Post

3 comments:

Deb said...

See - now wasn't that fun!

CynCyn said...

i'm finally finishing my sandal socks, and am debating between CTH or STR for next pair. I think you'd like toe up, b/c then you can quit whenever you want, after you've turned the heel. anklets are just fine!!

Brenda said...

Thanks for the answer about the bag.