Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Crafting up the Craft Room

Last weekend I managed to be a bit of shopping in. I've finally decided how I want to craft up my craft room. So I picked up some paint for the walls - it's a caramel-ish orange.

Then I picked up these pretty fabrics to make some pillows and an ottoman. Can't wait to see how these turn out. I thought it might be fun to show you all step by step how this whole process goes. So here's a few things I've done already and then I'll post the changes as they come about.


img hosted at flikr

I hung up all my scarves and my quilting cutting tools next to my desk.


img hosted at flikr

Dolly (I really need a good name for her... suggestions?) is over in the corner in front of my needle display and my knitting books. I'm still working on a nice way to display all my pretty knitting bags. Right now they are piled up at her feet.


img hosted at flikr

DH used to take up a single shelf in my room and he's been banished to the basement. That's his area anyway.

And now, my fabric stash is now out on display. I really like this change. I love being able to see all the different fabrics I have and there was the perfect space for my button jar. And my mini-Fana cardi is out on display on one of my favorite stuffed animals from childhood. Just under the fabric you might have noticed I've expanded the yarn stash into another cubbie.


img hosted at flikr

And right next to my lovely fabric stash is this great space for reading knitting books (and traditional books as well) with light and a comfy chair.


img hosted at flikr

And this area I expect will see the most change of all. It's the wall behind my desk (you can see the monitor at the bottom there.


img hosted at flikr

So overall, here is how it looks. Still feels a little cluttered to me so there will be some work in that regard. And it desperately needs more color - the part I'm looking forward to the most.


img hosted at flikr


HomeOlder Post

4 comments:

Chris said...

I am so jealous of the amount of space you have! Wow.

Deb said...

So many opportunities!!

StarSpry said...

Cool! How fun to get it all set up the way you want :)

I wish I had a big space like this for crafty stuff!

WandaWoman said...

I love how the craft room is shaping up.