Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random News

Time for a new Interweave Magazine? Already? If you haven't checked out the preview for the upcoming issue I'd recommend heading over. There are quite a few new patterns to drool over and start making plans about.

“It’s an edgy, humorous, modern portrayal of five diverse women,” says Theatre/Dance professor and director Michelle Felten. “It’s like Sex and the City with knitting and sushi.”... Have they been spying on my knitting group? It sounds pretty funny. If anybody in Sacramento catches one of the shows I'd love to hear a review.

If you haven't seen this yet I'd suggest popping over as well. How often can you come across a free baby cardi pattern this cute?

Starting to give thought to your next fiber retreat? Madrona Fiber Arts should have their class list for the Winter retreat tomorrow or Saturday. I've heard nothing but good things about this retreat and am giving it some serious consideration this year.


HomeOlder Post

4 comments:

Missjenimae said...

This whole post was like an advertisement that I can't keep away from. Enabler! Hmmm Madrona, worth contemplating at the least.

Stacey said...

We need to have a SERIOUS discussion at our knitting group about going to this retreat. I've heard nothing but amazing things about it. Hmmm, I am loving that cabled bag in the new Interweave! It does seem really soon for another issue...but since it's my favorite magazine, bring it on!

WandaWoman said...

Dang, girl. Could you tell us about enough things. Madrona, I really want to do it, but I wouldn't have the funds to do it just yet. Perhaps next year for me.

Mary-Kay said...

I'm so IN! I want to go, I want to go, I want to go! Let's talk my friends!