Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Button, button, who's got the button

I've been knittin' away around here. Buttony has gotten past the armholes and I've been very focused on it wanting the whole "big knitting - fast finish" buzz. Maybe by the end of this week. Finding buttons is presenting a challenge but I haven't started looking in earnest just yet.

Tangled yoke was left in the dust once my infatuation with Buttony took hold. It's next up for finishing though. I don't know if I told you, but I finished one sleeve and am halfway done with the second. A little bit left and I get to the fun part.

And, of course, I cast on for something new last night. I'm not counting this one really though. I taught my first ever knitting class last night. We are making the Klaralund sweater so I decided to knit one with my class. I have one out of silk garden already so I'm making a solid color version. I remember the modifications Jenifer made when we were all on the Klaralund kick and am eager to have a nice tunic length, with a slit at the hip, solid color sweater that will work with anything. We'll see if what I end up with fits that description...



HomeOlder Post

3 comments:

michaele said...

Can't wait to see some pictures! Sounds like you've been busy.

WandaWoman said...

Good for you knitting so steadfastly on buttony. sounds like you want a finished sweatr soon. And of course you have to knit a sweater for the class you're teaching. How did that go?

Stacey said...

Yay! I'm so happy that your class went well...I totally knew that it would, silly girl. I was nervous before I taught my first class though too. I can't wait to see your sweaters, it sounds like you are making some good progress.