Wednesday, October 24, 2007

And More Knitting Even

Here's one I haven't even shown you yet. Not that it is exciting. Or even that much of a "thing" at all at the moment but hey, I want to show you stuff, so we'll scrape the barrel bottom to do it if we have to.


img hosted at flikr

One day, when this grows up, it will be a Moderne Log Cabin blanket (the full size version this time). I'm using Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool and this little guy is the first square. I love love love this yarn by the way. It's incredible. It knits up to a nice and soft fabric. It's thin enough that it should make a very nice throw for chilly spring nights (since that is when I anticipate it being done enough to enjoy it).

I don't work on this one much but have taken it out to non-knitters homes. I didn't want to be working on something that needed attention since non-knitters have a hard enough time understanding why I need to knit when I watch football in the first place.

I've also found that it's perfect knitting when I'm watching the X-Files. We've started with season 1 and last night Autumn Rose was deemed inappropriate X-File knitting. Maybe tonight I'll figure out where I screwed up. Tangled Yoke was great TV knitting up until last night too since I finally reached the tangling part. Again with the concentration.


HomeOlder Post

2 comments:

CynCyn said...

no think knitting is essential when knitting with muggles... simple ribbing, garter, or stockinette is all I can manage.

michaele said...

what other colors are you using for this blanket? you always have such great color combos...