Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ramblin' On

By now I'm sure you've heard quite a bit of buzz about the wondrous Ravelry. Among other things, I've found it made it glaringly obvious exactly how many WIPs I have. Yowza. I believe I've hit my all time high of 33. Granted, a few haven't actually been started yet but I've decided this list must be complete before I start anything "new" so I added a few before I closed the list. Ha. Also, many of these items should be considered "hibernating" but since I've not finished or frogged them I decided a count might be a good motivator for me.

8 of these projects are well over halfway completed. Many just need a bit of seaming and other finishing. So I started back with "Sunday's are for finishing".

First up ended up being the Rambling Rows afghan. I finished up my quilting class last week so I was feeling comfortable with how I have been wanting to finish this little bugger up.


img hosted at flikr

I added a bit of batting to keep all those ends from showing through the fabric backing and to hopefully help keep them contained.


img hosted at flikr

And then took the sewing machine around each of those squares. I really like how it turned out. Sewing around each square was... hmm... challenging... and some of my squares aren't as square as they used be, but I like it none the less. I decided to simply trim off the batting that was sticking out and then used pinking shears on the fabric. I took the pictures before I sewed up the corners and wove in the ends there but I did finish those up last night as well. I wanted an official FO.

One down... 32 to go...






HomeOlder Post

6 comments:

WandaWoman said...

Leave it to you to put a cap on your UFOs, by adding a few more to the pile! Haha, so funny. Congrats on a true FO. This is a great pattern. Now that I've seen yours, I'm all for trying Rambling Rows again. I rather like the idea of picking up stitches as you go, so no huge amounts of seaming up squares anyway. I'm going to try that.

Learning to crochet hasn't been such a great idea!

Deb said...

Wow - beautiful.

StarSpry said...

Yeah for the FO! It looks great :)

CynCyn said...

YAY for FO's!! You know, when I got my WIP count too high,I had the finish 2, cast on 1 rule. I knew I couldn't resist casting on COMPLETELY.

Calling on Kahlo said...

I never thought about it but I may adopt your Sundays are for finishing as I completely blew off two of my finishing projects.

FO-looks great!

Chris said...

Wow. 32. Wow. The afghan looks great - off to a good start at finishing! :)