Friday, September 07, 2007

Quilting Bug

I resisted as best I could. I really did. I swear. But the new hobby just crept in there and there's nothing to be done but give in. The fact that I already have a sizable fabric stash did not help the resistance. Maybe this is a good thing. I can make a few quilts, thus using up the stash and then get back to knitting. Ha.

First quilt (not *quite* finished) is the one I made in my quilting class. I love it. I think I'm going to practice some additional quilting techniques on this. I've already decided the cat can have it. She approves.


img hosted at flikr


I need to get the border on there, which I may take care of this weekend before I forget all those neat tricks the teacher showed us.

Next up - the pic-i-nic blanket. I've had this idea for ages but now that I've gotten my feet wet I decided to give it a go. I've been saving worn out jeans for a few years now and am tired of seeing the pile sitting around in the way so I cut all the pieces this past weekend.


img hosted at flikr

This will work great. I wanted a semi small blanket I could take to the park and not feel guilty about stepping on or getting grass stains on. I have this great fabric that makes reminds me of mattress ticking (remember those old mattresses?) that will be the backing and border.

And, of course, I have decided on the next blanket I'll be doing after this too. More on that as I actually get going.


HomeOlder Post

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

i love the jean quilt!! too bad you don't have some jeans from the 80s and early 90s... some acid wash, etc etc. fab-o idea! I think having a non-yarn hobby is good.

Chris said...

Oh, the jeans quilt is going to be seriously cool!! I love it already.

WandaWoman said...

You seriously have the bug. I agree with Cyn though, I think having a non=yarn hobby is a good thing. I really like the jean quilt. That is really cool!

Deb said...

I hope your next hobby is carpentry so you can build yourself a blenket chest! I LOVE the jeans blenket - what a great idea!

Knit Eat Sleep said...

Love your quilt!!