Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Lace

So what other knitting happened over this great weekend? I cast on for the January Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Three times. It's now been banished to the bag it came in. Stupid cast on. I kept miscounting the stitches. A little to eager to get going on the pattern I guess. Hmph.

Then I decided I wanted to start the Hourglass sweater with my Plain & Fancy. I was able to get gauge but I didn't like the fabric I was getting with the yarn.

I wasn't going to be beaten though, darn it. So I picked out a new pattern and started it with my Plain & Fancy. I opted for the Chinese Lace Pullover. Lovely pattern. Lovely yarn. Desire to throw needles and yarn across the room held at bay.


img hosted at flikr

I love how it's knitting up. The color changes are so frequent there isn't really any striping. And I think the lace shows up nicely with this yarn. Want a close up?


img hosted at flikr

Mmmmm. Pretty lace.

7 comments:

CynCyn said...

oh so pretty!!

Stacey said...

That one really is pretty. My favorite thing though was watching you sit there with my laptop on your lap reading the pattern. So funny! Maybe next year I should bring a mini printer that my Dad has :)

Chris said...

Oh, that is gorgeous!

Knitter C said...

Beautiful!

Cant wait to finished project on!

michaele said...

trying again -

it looks beautiful!

StarSpry said...

That looks lovely!

WandaWoman said...

It's looking great. The P&F is such a great color.