Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Intermittent....

Well, blogging has been intermittent, which matches how the knitting has been going. I've managed to order quite a bit of yarn and cast on for a couple of new projects but each hasn't gotten very far.

Casting On
I started my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Yes, the ultra fabulous sweater in the newest Interweave Knits. I'm using Classic Elite Classic Silk in a pretty rust color. I know! It's not blue OR green. Branching out is healthy, yes?

I also ordered a bunch of Dale Falk to make my DS a baby bunting. It's a Dale pattern with just a touch of fair isle at the bottom and the feet. I did my gauge swatch last night so I'll have a photo before too long. If you want to see a picture of the pattern you can see it here on page 12 (warning: it's a PDF, not a website). I really really really hope she has a girl because the little dress on the cover is the cutest thing. Ever.

Hope everyone else has had more luck with knitting progress lately. One day it will be chilly out and I may stay indoors a bit more and get some of this knitting finished. Maybe.

Shopping
I may not be doing so great with the knitting progress but progress with yarn acquisition is making leaps and bounds. Let's start with the kit, shall we?
This beauty


img hosted at flikr

is a kit to make the Autumn Rose sweater in Simply Shetland 4. Haven't seen it yet? Ah - check here. I'll wait. I haven't joined the KAL as it seems to jinx me when I do such things.

Some beautiful red bulky alpaca for a red scarf. Need some? I picked mine up at my LYS. This yarn is heavenly.


img hosted at flikr

And so is this batch of Berroco Peruvia to make that beautiful Tilted Duster on the cover of the Fall Interweave. Go, Norah. Go.


img hosted at flikr

I also picked up some yarn for felting. I bought this bag pattern quite a while ago and never could decide on a color combination. This one called to me.


img hosted at flikr

And last but not least, or at least last I'll admit to today, is a bag of Rowan Classic Yarns Cashsoft 4 Ply that I picked up from Elann. I LOVE that site. Have I mentioned that lately?


img hosted at flikr







HomeOlder Post

4 comments:

Sonya said...

Look at all that beautiful yarn! You've got some great projects coming up. I love the tangled yoke and the autumn rose. Such amazing sweaters.

Chris said...

Wow, you win a gold star for yarn acquisition!

CynCyn said...

you've always been top notch at stash enhancement!

WandaWoman said...

Tangled Yoke and Autumn Rose are both beautiful sweaters. Love what you've chosen. It's always easier to acquire more yarn rather than get things finished!