Friday, August 03, 2007

Hooked on Baaaabbbbbbeeeetttte

Ok. So I was overcome with the desire to make the Babbette blanket a month or two ago. I went shopping, picked out yarn and colors, then I tried to crochet. UGH. It looked horrible. I returned the yarn I hadn't wound and gave up on the idea. Decided that I'd have to love this blanket via photographs.

But then there was camp. And somebody brought her blanket with her. And then offered to give me a little lesson on the squares. And.... I'm hooked again. The lesson made all the difference in the world. Thanks, Cyn!

So, I did a little shopping. There are still a few more colors that people have offered to give me or swap with me and then at least one more that I'm wanting and I know the shop has on order (mmm... lime green) and then I'll get started. You didn't think I was over the afghan bug already did you? Heehee.


img hosted at flikr


img hosted at flikr

4 comments:

Chris said...

Your title of Queen of Afghans seems secure! ;)

CynCyn said...

i can't wait to see how yours turns out... since you'll use more colors :)

Email Me said...

OMG, how did I miss this blanket? I am overwhelmed looking at the detail involved, although it is amazing looking at the pictures you linked. I am sure it will look amazing.

WandaWoman said...

I've still got that one skein of red if you need it.