Monday, August 20, 2007

Generous Nature of Knitters

Time and again knitters have shown how generous they can be when it comes to worthy causes. While I've always tried to avoid any sort of allusion to asking for money on this blog we have now reached a day when I feel I must ask.

My DH and I will be participating in the Rocky Mountain Liver Walk for Wellness to benefit the American Liver Foundation on September 15th this year. We are joining Team Bean, a group of friends that have been personally touched by diseases of the liver and their consequences.

Did you know?

  • One in 10 people in the United States are living with some form of liver disease
  • Liver disease is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States
  • Hepatitis B is 100 times more contagious and hepatitis C four times more contagious that HIV/AIDS
  • More than 19,000 people are in need of a life-saving liver transplant
  • Liver cancer is the fastest growing cancer and the only cancer with increasing incidence
  • About 15,000 children are hospitalized every year with pediatric liver diseases or disorders
If you are able or willing to support our little team on this walk we would certainly appreciate the donation. You can donate via our team website or if you'd prefer to mail a check it can be sent to

ALF Rocky Mountain Chapter
3650 S. Yosemite St. #212
Denver, CO 80237

This team was able to raise $30,000 last year without the help of knitters. I'd love to see what a difference we could make this year with their help. If you'd like to see any of the team information you can view it here. Thank you so much for your support.






Newer PostHomeOlder Post

2 comments:

WandaWoman said...

You can count on me for support. I'll donate with my next paycheck, k?

StarSpry said...

I'd like to donate something with my next paycheck, too :)