Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Blithe

Something about taking a weekend away and knitting like it's going out of style really can get you moving on a project. This one for example.


img hosted at flikr

That would be the front of Blithe. I decided to knit on it until I ran out of the single skein of yarn I brought with me. I ended up stopping when I finished the front instead, though the skein was nearly finished. I can't believe how far I got. I kept thinking I'd run out any minute.

Have you noticed that if you decide to knit to the end of a skein it seems to last forever but if you are getting close to the end of knitting something the yarn seems like it's going to run out?

5 comments:

Chris said...

I have noticed that! Weird, huh?

Deb said...

She's very lovely!

Stacey said...

I'm lovin' that Blithe top. It's going to look so good on you!

Knitter C said...

yup, just like when you're down to the last few pieces of the puzzle from hell and you swear there are pieces missing?

Yeah. It's amazing when it all fits together.

WandaWoman said...

Yup, you said a mouthful. Just when you think you'll soon run out that last little bit of yarn lasts forever.