Monday, July 16, 2007

To Market, To Market Jiggity Jig

Well, my search for a quick knit seems to be regularly appearing each weekend. This weekend I decided my quick knit would be a market bag. Inspired by both the Knitty Professor and the fact that I found out there is a Farmers Market quite close to my house every weekend (you can find yours here if you want to), I cast on for this Friday. I am using a free pattern called the String Bag. You can find it here. I didn't use the cast on called for in the pattern and my edge might look a little better if I had but I didn't feel like fiddling with it so I just used my normal cable cast on. I'm using AllHemp6 in two colors since there isn't enough in one skein for the bag and I have two in my stash. So far, I like it a great deal!


img hosted at flikr

Almost mindless though I do have to watch what I'm doing so no Battlestar Glactica while knitting this. That show just sucks me in.

4 comments:

StarSpry said...

That's coming along great! I love the colors :)

Chris said...

Oh, thank you for the link to the pattern - looks perfect! Yours is very fun with the striping. Hmm, I have Euroflax leftovers somewhere...

CynCyn said...

girl... where is THIS yarn from? bag looks great and will be even better with fresh produce inside!!

WandaWoman said...

Very, very nice. Love that bag. Hmm, stop making me want to knit more stuff!