Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sun in your eyes

Well, Daylight has been trucking along with no issues. Such a fun and quick knit. We have the front.


img hosted at flikr

And the back.

img hosted at flikr

And then, like a morning commute, I turned the corner and the blasted sun was in my eyes. The "sleeves" and neckline decoration isn't knitted on. It's knit until it is long enough and then sewn on. This seems like an extreme pain in the arse to me and I've not done much with the sweater since reading that part of the pattern. I just need to sit down and figure out how I want to knit it on as I go. Particularly the neck shaping. Seriously I think it's only 3 stitches wide.

6 comments:

mishaele said...

oy. That is irritating. Is there any way to modify it so you just pick up stitches around the neckline, or something?

WandaWoman said...

It is looking great. You definitely have to finish the neck. That bit of the pattern would be annoying to me too.

Chris said...

Argh - why do they do that?!!

CynCyn said...

has anyone else modified the pattern already? i can't think that we're the only ones who thought sewn on sleeves and neck was a bad/horrid idea.

Luni said...

I can see sewing the sleeve edgings on, perhaps for stability, maybe because it makes it easier to knit (?). But those little neck edgings? I don't know why you'd knit those separately.
Cute top, though, and it's my fav color!

Kelly said...

gahhh how annoying! Its seriously going to look great when its done, and a fantastic colour choice too!