Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ravelry and Rave

So Ravelry is just as addicting as I've heard. I've gotten nowhere near putting in all my projects and certainly not gotten far enough to get the stash in there. I shudder at the thought of documenting that whole thing. I started by adding new yarn purchases and then going through my attempts last January to do a photo record of the stash.

If you haven't gotten your invite yet, don't lose heart. You'll get one. And then we won't hear from you for at least a week. Ha.

I can't wait for the Mystery Stole 3 to start. The first clue comes out tomorrow. I've done my swatch and even did a second one with the beads just so I could practice the technique we'll be using and to be sure I like the beads I selected with my yarn. Now just to get started on the real thing. I suppose I could go ahead and cast on the 99 stitches if I get a little anxious tonight.

I finished another of the Lizard Ridge squares yesterday over lunch. It's so pretty. Have you seen the new Noro colorways? Apparently any color that starts with a number over 200 is a new one and I love about three of them that I've seen so far. The square I just finished is 214. And my next one is 213.

I've signed up to teach at one of the LYS here in the fall. *EEEK* I'm sure it'll be fine and fun but now that I signed up I'm pretty nervous.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I am sure you will be an awesome teacher.

Stacey said...

Seriously, if I can do it, you can do it! You'll be a great teacher Michelle! Welcome to the club:)

Deb said...

The thing I miss most about not working at the yarn store is teaching! I love to teach and hope What are you going to teach?

How are you knitting your beads into your swatch? With the teeny crochet hook? If so, where did you get it?

Off to checck the new Noro...

Chris said...

What are you going to teach?! Congrats!

Hee hee - I picture you all bouncing excitedly, waiting for your first MS3 clue...

mishaele said...

I hope you didn't cast on.... it's not a straight edge, after all!

where and what are you teaching?