Friday, June 08, 2007

News

Exciting news if you haven't heard it already... Mystery Stole 3 sign ups are going on now. Hurry over to join the fun. They end on July 6th. You can read about it at Pink Lemon Twist. I signed up last year and really did enjoy the concept and the knitting. One day I might even finish that stole. Either way it was fun to see the project develop and I'm looking forward to this one.

I know there has been quite a bit of buzz on the Internet about the Kauni Cardigan. It's a beautiful free pattern that, while it does have a bit of stranding in it, is deceptively simple to knit up. Mostly because the yarn that is used will create the striping itself rather than you having to switch colors. There are shops in Denmark that you can order the yarn from or as I discovered by accident the other day there is a shop on Ebay that has it as well. Shipping is much more agreeable from our friend at Ebay. I picked up a colorway made up of shades of green. Can't wait to get it!

Locally, Colorful Yarns has a new batch of stitch markers in. They are so cute and of course I had to walk away with these. It is the year of the pig, you know...


I'm also really excited about this. Louet Euroflax linen (did you know it's machine wash and dry? I didn't till I picked it up). And gorgeous patterns. As I've been on a bit of an orange kick lately it doesn't surprise me that I picked out this shade of clementine to make the top pictured at the right of the photo. I've got colors picked out to make the skirt too (soft coral, willow, aqua, and caribou). So cute!


Have a great weekend all!!

6 comments:

michaele said...

oooh... that clementine is beautiful! I've got a few hanks of one color each - intended to make some bags. Never thgouht to make clothes with it, but maybe now...

Deb said...

Lovely orange!

CynCyn said...

Great. just great. However, I do have a crapload of lace weight, so might as well see what MSIII is up to, right?

Chris said...

Oh, those are going to be fabulous garments, made from Euroflax. A shop I was at once had a shawl knit up from it and it was SO SOFT.

WandaWoman said...

Oh, that Louet design is really pretty. Might have to get that.

Sonya said...

Louet has such great yarns and great designs. I just got a hank of Euroflax in a goody bag. Now I think I need to buy some more!