Thursday, June 21, 2007

HP Mania

So over in the sidebar I managed to add a little progress bar on my Harry Potter afghan. What's that you say? I've never told you about this afghan? I noticed when I tried to add pictures to Ravelry about it. I've never even taken pictures of it! Talk about a bad blogger. Dang.

So a few months ago, Kim had this great idea to make a Harry Potter inspired afghan. We had our favorite LYS order in Encore in the right colors. Kim's already halfway done with hers. I'm not sure how far Stacey or Cynthia have gotten but I've recently gotten re-interested in getting this one off the ground.

First I had to decide what it should ultimately look like. So I busted out the graph paper and colored pencils. Oh yeah. Gotta love coloring.


img hosted at flikr

And I have even managed to knit up a few of the Hufflepuff squares. I'm just using the mitered square pattern from Mason Dixon Knitting for the basic block design. I added a bit of a twist to mine to make them look a bit more scholarly. Or at least match the scarves from the third and fourth movie anyway.


img hosted at flikr

These little squares knit up so fast. They are just mindless enough after a tough day that I can knock one out and then go to sleep. If work keeps going at the pace it's been this week I may not be able to work on much else.

7 comments:

Sonya said...

That's going to be a great afghan! I better not let Kevin see it or he'll want one. (And the moose sweater is enough stitches already.)

Deb said...

Bad week? Sorry - but just think about how the HP blanket will feel when you're all done after a bad week! Hmmmmmmmmm.

Kelly said...

ohhhh what a great idea! I can't wait to see more of it come together.

Kim said...

Hurray! I'm glad I'm not on my own ;)

I love your design and can't wait to see how it knits up.

I just love this project. We're all using the same colors but our results will all be unique--very cool!

StarSpry said...

I like your design, and your squares look great!

Chris said...

I love your design for it!

WandaWoman said...

Cool miters! love it.