Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bad Penny

Well... I finished bad penny. In fact I finished her last week on Thursday. I've been a little bit reluctant to post about it. I don't like it all that much. It looks great when I first put it on. Love the colors. The yarn isn't scratchy. It's a little heavy for a really hot day but it would be nice at work where it's always freezing in my cubicle.



So what is the problem? This.



The blasted thing rides up constantly. I don't even have to raise my arms to make this happen. Just walking will do it. I bet sitting still will do it to. The 1x1 ribbing at the bottom wants to find the path of least resistance so it heads for the waist when it should be hanging about the hips. Not a terrible thing but I'm going to have to make certain I'm in a very patient mood when I wear this. Right now it's in time out at the top of my closet.

6 comments:

michaele said...

How frustrating! This is exactly the thing I hat ebaout knitting for myself - Ican't try it on first and see if it really works. I wonder if you could takc it down somehow...?

Sonya said...

That is frustrating. It's such a cute sweater. Too bad you can't velcro it to your hips.

WandaWoman said...

Oh, that's too bad. It looks really cute, but the top riding up is definitely a downer. I wonder what you could do? Perhaps ask Joanne? I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

Luni said...

Would it help if I told you I think it is still cute sitting up on your hips like that?
probably not--I know it's not the style. But I like it both ways, slim-fitting and bloused.
Try blocking the ribbing out looser, if you can, then it will stay where you put it longer.

Knit Eat Sleep said...

I think it looks great! Just an idea....wear a cami under it, then no skin will show :)

CynCyn said...

ok, i love how it looks, the colors, etc, but if you're not comfortable wearing it, you won't ever wear it. Any way to rip back the ribbing and do it differently?