Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Another KAL

This one is so clever I had to sign up. It's called Inspired by Nature KAL. The idea is to take a picture or in some way capture something in nature that inspires you. Taking that inspiration find yarn and a pattern that will use that inspiration to create a knitted item. There is a blog and a flickr group (if you want to go and look at the purty pictures)

My inspiration is this cool flower that came up from all that planting earlier this spring


And it's inspired me to use stash yarn (really. didn't buy anything new. for now.)


I bought this to make an anthropologie inspired caplet that starts at orange at the top and shifts to purple by the bottom. We'll have to see how that really goes but I'm optimistic for now.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

love it, love it, love it! I can't wait to see this project come together!

CynCyn said...

you're killing me with these KALs. ECO anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

WandaWoman said...

Well, I'm signed up for KALs all throughout the summer, so I won't sign up for this one, but I like the colors you chose for the capelet. Will you try to blend the colors by striping or knitting a few rows of one color and then 1 or 2 rows of the new color to slowly blend it?