Friday, May 04, 2007

What a week

Man, what a week. I didn't get to knit AT ALL this week. I might have gotten in a couple of minutes Monday night but that was it. I hate it when that happens. Luckily I made some good progress on my projects last week so I have something to share with you anyway.

Spring Things Shawl is getting a bit bigger. It really is such a fun knit. I've memorized the pattern repeats already and even though I have to watch what I'm doing I find it an easy enough knit.


Bad Penny is one that has been great to pick up once my eyes tire. All stockinette in the round (particularly since I've finished the increases for the top of the sweater). I really want to have this finished in time for Estes this year because I think it would be fun to wear there.


As you might imagine this one is not good for tired eyes. I've found the pattern challenging but very fun. I love to see how it comes out, particularly with as much shaping as it has. This piece is the left front of the Ruffled Surplice sweater (from the last cover of Interweave). I'm still very much in love with this yarn (Bali) and keep dreaming up new projects to use it for.


Speaking of Interweave, it's not too much longer before their next issue is out and judging by the preview, I'm going to get a bad case of startitis around the middle of this month. Hope everyone gets a calm and knitterly weekend!

5 comments:

CynCyn said...

Yikes. I did NOT need to see the preview!! AUGH! Lacey thing is pretty! can't wait to see in person... (maybe it'll be finished?)

Deb said...

The IK is out already! I always love seeing and hearing about your projects first - sort of like my preview!

Yarn Thing said...

Dude, looks like you and I hang around the same circles. Nachaele and I met at the Arvada Knitters Group a week ago. I found out that you and her are friends and I emailed her to let her know that you and I have been exchanging emails for a while now.

Funny how small the blogger/knitter world is huh?

Hope you have a great weekend!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com

Chris said...

I had one of those no knitting weeks, too. Alas! Hope things settle down for both of us.

Sonya said...

You've got some great projects going there. It amazes me how hard it is to see those black stitches.