Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Sunshine State

Hey there! Been away for a little while soaking up a little humidity but I'm back now. My Moms birthday is in late May and falls nicely in between Mothers Day and Fathers Day so I bought myself a little plane ticket to visit with them over her birthday. It was quite fun.

Dad rented a bass boat (not that any of us fish) so we could tour around on one of the rivers near their town. It was great fun going up and back on the river and just relaxing and enjoying the day.


I love pictures of small town America though I'm not quite as crazy about living in them.






There was also some hanging out in the back yard. Man I wish my neighborhood had trees like this! Mom and Dad have a ton of trees in their yard even though I think they've cut down half a dozen over the last couple of years because of hurricane damage.


And checking in on some new, and from the looks of it very hungry, neighbors.

5 comments:

WandaWoman said...

I'm glad you got to visit your mom. The scenery looks beautiful on the river.

www.knittingnutter.com said...

Lovely pictures.

Chris said...

It sounds like a great getaway!

CynCyn said...

that's great that you could spend time with the family!!

Joanne said...

I'm glad that you had a nice trip. It sounds very relaxing. I love the baby bird picture!!

Hope to see you soon. It's been too long.