Monday, May 21, 2007

Random Quirks About Me

Well, did a bit of knitting this weekend. Monday is here. Again. I've seen quite a few of those 7 random things about me memes around and rather than jumping on that bandwagon I think I may just take Mondays as a good opportunity to share some quirky thing about myself for a while. I enjoy reading them so I'm hoping you do as well.

When I was a kid I really really wanted dimples. I thought they were the coolest things ever. A friend of mine was convinced that if we sat around with our fingertips poking our cheeks in for long enough we'd develop them. I suppose if we could have done other stuff while poking in our cheeks we could have found out for certain. Embarrassingly enough I still find myself poking the cheek every once in a while. More of an absentminded thing than intentional dimple development. I have to say my friend and I sure gave it a good try as kids though. My results... no dimples for me. Oh well.

8 comments:

Calling Kahlo said...

I understand the dimple thing. In college, everyone said that if you get body piercings in the cheeks it will create dimples. I never did it.

Deb said...

Maybe you should try poking yourself with knitting needles. They're sharper than your fingers!

CynCyn said...

the story might be cuter than actual dimples!

Chris said...

That's a very cute story!!

Kim said...

Cute story :)

Isn't it funny what you come up with as kids?

Luni said...

Dimples are actually caused by imperfections in the connective tissue of the face.
Now, aren't you glad you don't have any? ;D
Since you mentioned the 7 things meme, I'll use the opportunity to invite you to my new knitting blog:
http://3sleeves.blogspot.com/
You know about the meme, so I can't tag you, right?
(Knotingale, now Luni)

WandaWoman said...

Hee, hee and I always had dimples and sort of wished I didn't have them. A friend of my family would always grab my cheeks and talk about my chubby cheeks, nice eh?

www.knittingnutter.com said...

Me too - I did that exact same thing. Still dimple-less.