Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jawbreakers

Man, the self portrait is a tough one. I'm going to have to try to figure out something that doesn't involve the strange faces I always seem to make when I do these this way.

Either way, I like the sweater and am thrilled it's finished. It's a bit tighter than I expected but I think it looks cute enough.


Here's the back - kinda plain but darn it it's done. ;)


Now I can't wait to finish the cotton one. I'm making the same size in cotton but I think it will fit a little looser just based on the different fiber and the fabric doesn't seem as dense in the cotton as it did in the wool. Here are the details on this project.

Started: March 3, 2007
Finished: May 14, 2007
Pattern: Jawbreaker from Winter 2006 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Sheep Shop Two

13 comments:

Chris said...

It turned out great!!

I'm a big fan of the self-portrait by timer option...

Kim said...

It looks great; I can't wait to see the cotton one done :)

CynCyn said...

it looks great!! (love the color!)

Yarn Thing said...

Looks F-A-B-U-lous! Great job!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com

Deb said...

It's really pretty. Plus, I always like seeing what people have on their bathroom couters!!

Sonya said...

Cute sweater! You have a very tidy bathroom counter.

Stacey said...

Can't wait to see it in person...it looks awesome!

Asaknitter said...

I really like it! Great job.

WandaWoman said...

Pretty, pretty.
Perhaps if you reblock it and pin it out, you may gain another inch or two. If the fabric is too dense, probably not.

Meredith said...

That looks awesome!! Nice job and it looks great on you. :)

Allegra said...

Your Jawbreaker looks great! Nice color! It seems to be the "in" thing to knit here in Colorado, huh? I guess I'll have to get on that bandwagon too!

Jenifer said...

Nice job! Amy made one too this winter ... I think I'll have to break down and try it. :)

Knit Eat Sleep said...

I love it!!