Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Inspired

One of my absolute favorite reasons to read blogs is to be inspired by others creativity and feel a little braver about venturing out on my own. Deviate from those patterns. Play with color. Even come up with things completely new (k. I haven't gotten to this stage just yet, but I'm getting really close).

If you haven't noticed I've had a bit of an afghan thing going on lately. And with that weakness in mind I'm sure it won't surprise you to know that this blog has very much been an inspiration to me as of late. So much so that I dug out all the Tahki Cotton Classic I had in my stash and then did a little bit of adding to said stash...

There are so very many colors to choose from. I debated on the idea of just grabbing two colors out of a bag and knitting a square with them. Could be releasing to not worry with what goes with what. Hmmmm. Still need to finish at least two afghans before I start a new one. I'm seriously close to being done with both of the afghans I have on the needles right now. I hope to show them off this week sometime.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

You know that I can't wait for you to start this blanket...because that means that I can then start mine too, right?

Chris said...

Oh, that's going to be cool!! You are maybe slightly addicted to afghans, no? :)

Deb said...

I smell mitres!!!

Sonya said...

That's going to be gorgeous. I know what you mean about bloggy inspiration. I pass by a lot of patterns, but then I see them on a blog and they look totally different.

Yarn Thing said...

I think you are brave to knit an afghan. For how long knitting takes I don't think I will ever make an afghan...at least not knitted. I can crochet like no other; but knit...I think I will start by making a sweater first ;-)

I can't wait to see it when you start. I Loved watching January One progress reports while she was making the miters. Now, I get to watch you do the same.

Go For It Girlfriend!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com

CynCyn said...

all those colors are SO pretty. however, that doesn't make you less crazy.

WandaWoman said...

I agree with Cyn. Those are pretty colors, but they don't make you any less crazy! You are truly an afghan queen.