Thursday, April 12, 2007

So by now most of you heard the Yarn Harlot was in Denver last week. Why haven't I mentioned it? Because I didn't make it out there. Shock! But I have to say I'm not terribly sad about it. DH decided that he was going to organize the basement and I've been harping for so long I wasn't about to derail that level of motivation.


We took it from this mess to this



It makes me smile every time I see it. I hope the Harlot comes out for another visit but I can't say I'm sad I missed her this time.

9 comments:

Sonya said...

Now that's impressive. I'm sure the Harlot would understand.

Jenifer said...

Nice organizational effort there! It always feels good to get stuff organized. I didn't make it out either ...

Chris said...

Understandable - when the cleaning twitch hits, you have to go with it!

Judy said...

With all the organization there will be more room for yarn. Yea!
I bet the Harlot comes back, the turn out was great.

Marly said...

I love that feeling of organization! The time to do it is always tedious but the final product is so worth it.

*start to ponder, if I organize all my stash would that be a good thing or a bad thing? On one hand, I would be able to see all that I have; on the other hand ... so would my husband!*

You can read all about the Harlot at my blog if you want or listen to it on my podcast...it will be like you were there!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com

Terri Lynn said...

That is so good of you, heck yeah, when the hubby is motivated, it's time to get on it, at least for me it's that way.

So where'd ya pick up those nice storage units?

And how many times can I say, I just love your knittin' and all?

CynCyn said...

I will attest to the uber-organization of it all. Glad you posted pics of the insides too. Looks great!

Samantha said...

oh my gosh, come do my house next! it looks fabulous!

WandaWoman said...

Well, the basement definitely looks more organized. Not sure if it was worth missing the Harlot visit, but it definitely looks great and I'm sure you're pleased.