Monday, April 02, 2007

Prairie Fire

Well, since Sunday's are for afghans I figure I should show you how this one is coming. I've been very focused on this over the past week (not that I didn't work on anything else or start anything new...)

This one is being made for my dear friends Dad. B asked me if I could make it for him as a Christmas gift, which is no problem at all, but when B came back from a visit last weekend and started telling me his Dad isn't doing so well I decided to try to have it completed sooner rather than later. His Dad has had a couple of strokes and I'd really like for him to enjoy this afghan for as long as possible. I started knitting on it like crazy starting Sunday last week to see about getting it done for him before B goes out for his next visit in a month or so. Normally I'd say that I'm overshooting once again, but I've done this much already in just one week.

I plan on knitting till I run out of yarn so it should end up a little bigger than the pattern calls for (40x50 I think) but we shall see how it all works out. I'm using Malabrigo to make it so it's really nice and soft. The pattern is from The Shadows and Reflections Leaflet from Manos Del Uruguay and it's called Prairie. So far I love working on it. The color repeats are just short enough to keep my interest. That, and B is one of my favorite people to knit for. He'll be thrilled.

8 comments:

Sonya said...

That's going to be a really pretty blanket. B and his dad will love it. A warm blankie is so comforting.

CynCyn said...

i'll make sure you work on it some this weekend then! and maybe even knit some of it for you. :)

Chris said...

Wonderful colors and with that Malabrio, it will feel like a comforting hug.

Marly said...

Love the colors of the Afghan. Heres to wishing you luck in finishing it quickly :-)

Marly
www.knitthing.blogspot.com

Wanda said...

Oh that afghan looks gorgeous. I love those colors. You are making great progress.

Samantha said...

That's going to be a stunning blanket, sure to provide much comfort!

Knit Eat Sleep said...

Wow!! That is gorgeous! Let me know if you need help knitting it! Maybe you can bring a strip for me to work on Friday night.

Terri Lynn said...

Wow, Michele, I think this is the cozyiest, warmest, gorgeous one you have made yet.