Monday, April 09, 2007

Peter Cotton-Tail

I've had a bit of Cotton fever lately. Maybe it's all the talk about Peter Cotton-Tail. Or the heat. Or my crocus (crocuses? croci?). But it has definitely set in and taken hold.

There are plans in the works for some massive washcloth knitting. The ones on the left for my powder bath and on the right for the kitchen. Man I love that red.



Oh, and Mothers Day will be coming up far faster than I'm ready for so I at least picked up some yarn to make Mom some washcloths and a little hand towel for her kitchen.

And just because I *am* a little bit crazy I've decided to knit some curtains for my kitchen window. I couldn't decide on which color so I hung a bunch of skeins in the window until I had it down to these two. In the daylight I love the one on the right. It's the exact color of the curtains I have along that wall when the sun shines through them. But after dark, WOW it's bright. So I've opted for the browner shade on the left. I bought enough to make a single curtain (I think... We'll have to see how it goes when I get started). For the pattern I'll be using that cute pattern from the Mason Dixon book.

Yes. I'm taken with cotton lately... What can I say?

6 comments:

CynCyn said...

i love the colors you chose (surprise surprise). was great to spend time with you last weekend!

Sonya said...

Pretty cotton! I love the idea of lacey knit kitchen curtains. I just picked up some cotton for a Lavold sweater.

WandaWoman said...

I don't think the idea of knitting curtains is crazy at all. I like the pattern from MDK. My windows are so large though, that I don't think I have the fortitude for it. Pretty colors that you've chosen.

Anonymous said...

What brand of yarn is that cotton.....LOVE the looks of it!

Jenifer said...

Oh, I've been toying with the idea of those curtains myself as well! Can't wait to see you start them .... :)

Chris said...

Ambitious! It will be fun to see your curtains take shape.